This villa is situated at the end of the Lavedo promontory. It was built in 1787 for Cardinal Angelo Maria Durini who set out to create the most beautiful garden on the Tremezzo Riviera. In the 19th century it became the summer home of Costanza Arconati Visconti who played host to Alessandro Manzoni, Giusti and Berchet. In 1976 the property was bought by the famous explorer Count Guido Monzino who dedicated much effort to restoring the house and its grounds. The villa now belongs to FAI, the Italian equivalent of the National Trust (a fund for the Preservation of the Environment) which maintains it in all splendour.
VILLA BALBIANELLO TOUR
You can visit the beuatiful garden of the Villa, the inside are accesible only if you are accompanied by a guide.Caratteristica peculiare del giardino sono i rampicanti, modellati per rivestire le architetture della villa, i tronchi dei platani Some of the most unique characteristics of this incredible Villa are the creepers that covers this majestic building and its incredible architecture, the huge sycamore trees and the walls. From the terrace you can admire a brethtaking view of the Lake. Going higher you can reach La Loggia that offers an interesting collection of documents about history,polar explorations and mountaineering.
OPENING HOURS FROM 12 MARCH 2022 UNTIL 7 JANUARY 2024
From 10.00 to 18.00.
Last admission to visit the Park only at 17.00.
Last guided tour of the interior (45 minutes) at 4.00 pm (it is advisable to be at the ticket office no later than 3.30 pm).
Closed: every Monday and Wednesday, except holidays.
Extraordinary closures: 14th September, early closing at 3.00pm on 21st October.
Online booking is strongly recommended, at least 24 hours in advance.
Entrance to the garden with free visit:
- Free admission: FAI members and Bienfaiteurs Amis du Louvre members, residents of the Tremezzina municipality, children up to 5 years of age and people with disabilities and carer.
- €12 adult
- €9 reduced for children aged 6 to 18 and students up to 25 years old
- €10 reduced for INTO members – International National Trust Organization, Mécènes members.
Entrance to the Villa exclusively with a guided tour (about 45 minutes) and to the garden:
- €4 reduced for FAI members and Bienfaiteurs Amis du Louvre members, residents of the Tremezzina municipality and people with disabilities and carer.
- €23 adult
- €15 reduced for children aged 6 to 18 and for students up to 25 years old.
- €16 reduced for INTO members – International National Trust Organization, Mécènes members.
- Free for children up to 5 years.
The visit of the park is always guaranteed.
Contacts and How to get there
Via Balbianello Tremezzina
|No spam||Direct contact|