- Villa Carlotta in Tremezzina
- Villa Mylius-Vigoni in Menaggio
- The gardens of Villa Monastero and Villa i Cipressi in Varenna
- Boat info: you can purchase a ticket for free circulation on Lake Como. For further details: public transport on Lake Como.
- Villa Carlotta is open every day from March to November, from 10 am to 7 pm (ticket office closes at 6 pm).
- Villa Mylius-Vigoni is open for guided tours only from March to October (excluding August), every Thursday afternoon at 2.30 pm. Booking required.
- The gardens of Villa Cipressi and the house museum with the botanical garden of Villa Monastero, are open in the months of April, May, June, July, August, September and October.
Villa Cipressi botanical garden opening times 2023.
- October: open every day from 10 am to 6 pm. The ticket service closes 45 minutes before the villa’s closing time.
Villa Monastero opening times 2023.
- From 1 October to 1 November: the house museum is open from Tuesday to Sunday, from 10 am to 6 pm; the botanical garden is open every day from 10 am to 6 pm.
- November: house museum and botanical garden are open on 4 and 5 November, from 10 am to 5 pm. The house museum and botanical garden of Villa Monastero will be closed from 6 November until 2024.
During a holiday in Bellagio it’s a good idea to spend a day discovering the marvellous central lake area, possibly only using boats for moving from one place of interest to another. You can start with Villa Carlotta in Tremezzina, an architectural and botanical work of art overlooking the lake. The museum, located inside the elegant internal rooms, contains masterpieces by the likes of artists such as Canova and Hayez, as well as Princess Charlotte’s private apartments. The garden is a kaleidoscopic display of the most varied flowers, positioned on terraced paths and themed gardens. where you can walk and be inspired by hydrangeas, roses, azaleas, citrus pergolas, tall trees, camellias, ancient sequoias, the valley of ferns, the bamboo garden, the rock garden and the rhododendron woods.
You can continue by boat to the lakeside village of Menaggio for a pleasant walk from the central Piazza Garibaldi to the lakefront, without forgetting to visit the ancient churches of Santa Marta and Santo Stefano, as well as the ruins of the medieval castle in the upper part of the village. Furthermore, every Thursday afternoon from March to October, you can participate in a guided tour of the gardens of Villa Mylius-Vigoni. The villa is also the site of the Italian-German Centre for European Dialogue.
If you still have some time left, you can go to Varenna for a visit at the end of the day to the gardens of Villa i Cipressi and Villa Monastero: you can choose whether to visit one of the two sites only or get a combined ticket for both. A fantastic dive into botany, with native and exotic plants and flowers, always accompanied by views of Lake Como
Contacts and How to get there
|No spam||Direct contact|